With some of the debris, we built the kids a lean-to. This kept them happily dragging branches across the yard to their construction project (unwittingly saving Mom and Dad the chore of cleaning up themselves). Once they had 'renovated' their new 'home' everything was fine.
We have also been working on the attic for the last couple weeks. The entrance into the attic is a hair-raising accent into the unknown. If, for some unfortunate reason, a person were to fall; they wouldn't just land nine feet lower than the top of the ladder, but would continue to plummet into the wide open maw of the entrance into the crawlspace... Fortunately, both Jeremy and I are very agile... well I am anyways. Once in the attic, a person would be met with a nice wide open space just itching for a set of real stairs, and a couple of sound-proof kids' rooms.
Jeremy and I removed this pile of wood and various random things from the attic in preparation of clean-up and drafting a floor plan. Some of the things we found were, a table top, an outdoor lawn faucet, a dozen single pane windows and a huge exhaust fan that must have been up there as they built the house. There is no way Jeremy and I can get that thing out in one piece, not through the hatch of terror or out the mini-me window... so it remains until Jeremy cuts a hole in the floor for the awesome staircase I'm going to make him build for me.